Welcome to "Initial Public Offering (IPO)!" The purpose of this module is to take a closer look at public equity financing and the various ways firms have to tap into this source of financing. This introductory section motivates the topic and explains the logic of the module.
The main learning goals of this module are:
- Get to know the most prestigious way to raise capital: the Initial Public Offering (IPO).
- Know the costs and benefits of going public.
- Understand the IPO process.
- Know how an IPO allocates value and ownership (who makes how much money).
- Know the costs and benefits of alternative going public strategies, including direct listings, direct public offerings, or initial coin offerings (ICOs).