Welcome to "Deal Structuring!" The purpose of the module is to learn how to get from the valuation of a company to the actual financing deal. This introductory section motivates the topic and presents the logic of the module.
The main learning goals of this module are:
- Learn how to get from a valuation to the actual deal.
- Know the key elements of financial deal making, namely returns, control, and liquidity.
- Learn how to read or draft financing term sheets.
- See how deal structuring makes deals possible and more valuable.
- Learn how to use deal structuring as a "truth serum" and to align the incentives of the deal parties.